Wantabadgery Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Wantabadgery (2650) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 343 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Wantabadgery is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Wantabadgery was 299 and is comprised of approximately 43.1% females and 56.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wantabadgery is 40 years of age.

91.2% of people living in the suburb of Wantabadgery were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% New Zealand, 1.3% England.

96.7% of people living in Wantabadgery speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wantabadgery is 38.5% Anglican, 28.4% Catholic, 12.7% No religion, 8.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.0% Uniting Church, 1.0% Salvation Army.

61.0% of people are married, 24.7% have never married and 6.3% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Wantabadgery.

70.5% of the people living in Wantabadgery over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.6% are working on a part time basis. Wantabadgery has an unemployment rate of 1.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Wantabadgery are 51.3% Managers, 8.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.3% Community & personal service workers, 7.7% Labourers, 7.7% Technicians & trades workers, 7.1% Professionals, 5.8% Sales workers, 3.8% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Wantabadgery work in are 44.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Health care and social assistance, 9.6% Education and training, 6.4% Manufacturing, 5.8% Construction, 3.8% Retail trade, 3.8% Other services, 3.8% Wholesale trade, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 23.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $561 per week and the median household income is $1140 per week.

The median rent in Wantabadgery is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $704 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wantabadgery postcode 2650

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gillieston Heights 2321 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales