Cookardinia Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Cookardinia (2650) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 409 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Cookardinia is in the federal electorate of Farrer.

In the 2011 census the population of Cookardinia was 240 and is comprised of approximately 50.8% females and 49.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cookardinia is 46 years of age.

87.5% of people living in the suburb of Cookardinia were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% England.

92.9% of people living in Cookardinia speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cookardinia is 25.4% Anglican, 16.7% Catholic, 15.0% Uniting Church, 12.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 10.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.7% No religion, 5.0% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Lutheran, 2.5% Other Protestant, 1.7% Pentecostal.

58.2% of people are married, 25.0% have never married and 5.1% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Cookardinia.

62.4% of the people living in Cookardinia over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Cookardinia has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Cookardinia are 45.8% Managers, 12.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.2% Labourers, 7.7% Professionals, 7.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.0% Technicians & trades workers, 6.3% Community & personal service workers, 2.1% Sales workers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Cookardinia work in are 47.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.2% Retail trade, 6.2% Education and training, 6.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.8% Health care and social assistance, 4.1% Accommodation and food services, 4.1% Public administration and safety, 4.1% Financial and insurance services, 4.1% Inadequately described/Not stated.

47.9% of homes are fully owned, and 28.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $503 per week and the median household income is $966 per week.

The median rent in Cookardinia is $25 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1950 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cookardinia postcode 2650

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Warral 2340 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales