Currawarna Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Currawarna (2650) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 400 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Currawarna is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Currawarna was 226 and is comprised of approximately 49.1% females and 50.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Currawarna is 41 years of age.

93.4% of people living in the suburb of Currawarna were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% Vietnam, 1.3% England.

97.3% of people living in Currawarna speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.7% Vietnamese.

The religious makeup of Currawarna is 21.6% Catholic, 21.1% Anglican, 16.3% No religion, 13.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 13.7% Uniting Church, 7.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.6% Christian, nfd, 1.3% Salvation Army, 1.3% Lutheran, 1.3% Other Religious Groups.

61.0% of people are married, 26.7% have never married and 8.1% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Currawarna.

69.5% of the people living in Currawarna over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.3% are working on a part time basis. Currawarna has an unemployment rate of 5.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Currawarna are 44.1% Managers, 12.6% Technicians & trades workers, 11.7% Professionals, 10.8% Labourers, 6.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.4% Community & personal service workers, 2.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Currawarna work in are 50.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.6% Education and training, 8.9% Health care and social assistance, 8.0% Retail trade, 4.5% Construction, 3.6% Other services, 2.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.7% Accommodation and food services, 2.7% Public administration and safety.

42.0% of homes are fully owned, and 23.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 23.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $782 per week.

The median rent in Currawarna is $160 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1100 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Currawarna postcode 2650

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gillieston Heights 2321 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales