Moorong Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Moorong (2650) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 383 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Moorong is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Moorong was 104 and is comprised of approximately 53.8% females and 46.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Moorong is 25 years of age.

90.4% of people living in the suburb of Moorong were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.8% England.

97.1% of people living in Moorong speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Moorong is 40.4% Catholic, 29.8% Anglican, 10.6% No religion, 6.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.8% Uniting Church.

51.9% of people are married, 37.7% have never married and 10.4% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Moorong.

58.9% of the people living in Moorong over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.7% are working on a part time basis. Moorong has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Moorong are 26.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 24.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 17.5% Managers, 10.5% Professionals, 5.3% Sales workers, 5.3% Community & personal service workers, 5.3% Labourers, 5.3% Technicians & trades workers.

The main industries people from Moorong work in are 24.1% Retail trade, 12.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.1% Other services, 10.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 10.3% Manufacturing, 10.3% Construction, 10.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.2% Financial and insurance services, 5.2% Education and training.

24.1% of homes are fully owned, and 55.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $528 per week and the median household income is $1678 per week.

The median rent in Moorong is $247 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Moorong postcode 2650

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Newton Boyd 2370 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales