Cartwrights Hill Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Cartwrights Hill (2650) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Murray & Riverina, New South Wales. It is about 375 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Cartwrights Hill is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Cartwrights Hill was 176 and is comprised of approximately 44.9% females and 55.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Cartwrights Hill is 47 years of age.

84.2% of people living in the suburb of Cartwrights Hill were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% New Zealand, 2.8% Northern Ireland, 2.3% England.

93.8% of people living in Cartwrights Hill speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Cartwrights Hill is 27.6% Catholic, 26.4% Anglican, 12.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 10.9% Uniting Church, 10.3% No religion, 9.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Lutheran.

48.0% of people are married, 36.7% have never married and 9.3% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Cartwrights Hill.

58.4% of the people living in Cartwrights Hill over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.7% are working on a part time basis. Cartwrights Hill has an unemployment rate of 11.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Cartwrights Hill are 19.4% Labourers, 15.1% Community & personal service workers, 12.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.9% Managers, 12.9% Technicians & trades workers, 9.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.5% Sales workers, 6.5% Professionals, 3.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Cartwrights Hill work in are 15.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 14.6% Health care and social assistance, 10.1% Accommodation and food services, 10.1% Retail trade, 7.9% Construction, 6.7% Manufacturing, 6.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.7% Education and training, 4.5% Administrative and support services.

36.1% of homes are fully owned, and 44.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $485 per week and the median household income is $933 per week.

The median rent in Cartwrights Hill is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1711 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Cartwrights Hill postcode 2650

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Newton Boyd 2370 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales