The Whiteman Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

The Whiteman (2460) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 499 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. The Whiteman is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of The Whiteman was 357 and is comprised of approximately 47.9% females and 52.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of The Whiteman is 46 years of age.

86.2% of people living in the suburb of The Whiteman were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.4% England, 1.7% Finland, 1.7% Netherlands, 1.1% New Zealand.

96.3% of people living in The Whiteman speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of The Whiteman is 33.6% Anglican, 20.2% No religion, 17.1% Catholic, 7.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.5% Uniting Church, 3.1% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Judaism, 1.7% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.4% Buddhism.

58.7% of people are married, 27.3% have never married and 10.2% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in The Whiteman.

50.0% of the people living in The Whiteman over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.8% are working on a part time basis. The Whiteman has an unemployment rate of 11.5%.

The main occupations of people living in The Whiteman are 21.1% Technicians & trades workers, 17.6% Professionals, 16.2% Managers, 10.6% Labourers, 9.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Sales workers, 7.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.3% Community & personal service workers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from The Whiteman work in are 13.8% Manufacturing, 12.4% Accommodation and food services, 11.0% Health care and social assistance, 11.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.3% Education and training, 8.3% Retail trade, 7.6% Public administration and safety, 6.2% Other services, 4.1% Administrative and support services.

54.1% of homes are fully owned, and 36.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $372 per week and the median household income is $922 per week.

The median rent in The Whiteman is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for The Whiteman postcode 2460

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales