Glenugie Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Glenugie (2460) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 484 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Glenugie is in the federal electorate of Cowper.

In the 2011 census the population of Glenugie was 245 and is comprised of approximately 46.5% females and 53.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Glenugie is 44 years of age.

91.0% of people living in the suburb of Glenugie were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% New Zealand, 3.3% England, 1.2% Scotland.

98.8% of people living in Glenugie speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Glenugie is 30.9% No religion, 23.0% Anglican, 19.8% Catholic, 9.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.5% Uniting Church, 3.7% Christian, nfd, 2.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.1% Baptist, 2.1% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.6% Other religious affiliation .

38.8% of people are married, 36.3% have never married and 12.4% are divorced and 8.5% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Glenugie.

51.4% of the people living in Glenugie over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 42.3% are working on a part time basis. Glenugie has an unemployment rate of 3.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Glenugie are 18.6% Technicians & trades workers, 16.7% Managers, 13.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.8% Sales workers, 10.8% Professionals, 10.8% Labourers, 9.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.8% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Glenugie work in are 14.3% Education and training, 11.4% Manufacturing, 9.5% Retail trade, 8.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Public administration and safety, 8.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.6% Other services, 6.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.7% Construction.

39.1% of homes are fully owned, and 44.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $356 per week and the median household income is $791 per week.

The median rent in Glenugie is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1083 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Glenugie postcode 2460

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Parkes 2870 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales