Braunstone Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Braunstone (2460) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 481 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Braunstone is in the federal electorates of Cowper, Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Braunstone was 291 and is comprised of approximately 45.7% females and 54.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Braunstone is 44 years of age.

93.8% of people living in the suburb of Braunstone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.7% New Zealand, 1.7% England.

99.0% of people living in Braunstone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.0% German.

The religious makeup of Braunstone is 31.3% Anglican, 20.3% Catholic, 16.5% No religion, 10.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 7.9% Uniting Church, 4.5% Christian, nfd, 3.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.7% Salvation Army, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 1.4% Other Religious Groups.

56.7% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 8.7% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 13 widowed people living in Braunstone.

55.7% of the people living in Braunstone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.1% are working on a part time basis. Braunstone has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Braunstone are 17.7% Managers, 15.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.0% Professionals, 10.0% Sales workers, 10.0% Labourers, 9.2% Community & personal service workers, 8.5% Technicians & trades workers, 4.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Braunstone work in are 17.3% Health care and social assistance, 14.2% Retail trade, 11.8% Manufacturing, 9.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Public administration and safety, 9.4% Education and training, 7.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.1% Construction, 5.5% Wholesale trade.

49.6% of homes are fully owned, and 27.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $410 per week and the median household income is $914 per week.

The median rent in Braunstone is $235 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1603 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Braunstone postcode 2460

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Finley 2713 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales