Gurranang Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gurranang (2460) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 521 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gurranang is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Gurranang was 259 and is comprised of approximately 48.6% females and 51.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gurranang is 50 years of age.

89.6% of people living in the suburb of Gurranang were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.8% England.

95.3% of people living in Gurranang speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gurranang is 32.8% Anglican, 24.0% No religion, 15.6% Catholic, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.1% Uniting Church, 2.3% Buddhism, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Baptist, 2.3% Other religious affiliation .

45.6% of people are married, 27.4% have never married and 13.0% are divorced and 9.8% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Gurranang.

47.1% of the people living in Gurranang over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.8% are working on a part time basis. Gurranang has an unemployment rate of 20.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Gurranang are 21.2% Community & personal service workers, 20.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.3% Labourers, 11.8% Technicians & trades workers, 9.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.2% Sales workers, 7.1% Professionals, 7.1% Managers.

The main industries people from Gurranang work in are 22.0% Health care and social assistance, 15.9% Manufacturing, 12.2% Retail trade, 11.0% Construction, 8.5% Accommodation and food services, 6.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.1% Information media and telecommunications, 4.9% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.9% Education and training.

50.0% of homes are fully owned, and 38.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $364 per week and the median household income is $781 per week.

The median rent in Gurranang is $145 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1274 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gurranang postcode 2460

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Finley 2713 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales