Kangaroo Creek Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Kangaroo Creek (2460) is a suburb of North Coast, Northern Rivers, New South Wales. It is about 462 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Kangaroo Creek is in the federal electorate of Page.

In the 2011 census the population of Kangaroo Creek was 257 and is comprised of approximately 51.4% females and 48.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kangaroo Creek is 41 years of age.

85.7% of people living in the suburb of Kangaroo Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% England, 1.5% Northern Ireland, 1.2% United States of America, 1.2% China .

94.1% of people living in Kangaroo Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kangaroo Creek is 30.4% No religion, 25.7% Anglican, 14.4% Catholic, 11.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.1% Other religious affiliation , 2.3% Uniting Church, 1.6% Salvation Army, 1.6% Baptist, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

49.7% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 11.5% are divorced and 5.2% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Kangaroo Creek.

46.9% of the people living in Kangaroo Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.9% are working on a part time basis. Kangaroo Creek has an unemployment rate of 15.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Kangaroo Creek are 21.6% Community & personal service workers, 21.6% Labourers, 12.4% Managers, 10.3% Technicians & trades workers, 9.3% Professionals, 9.3% Sales workers, 8.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.1% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Kangaroo Creek work in are 19.0% Health care and social assistance, 18.0% Education and training, 12.0% Public administration and safety, 9.0% Accommodation and food services, 9.0% Wholesale trade, 6.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.0% Retail trade, 6.0% Manufacturing, 6.0% Inadequately described/Not stated.

44.7% of homes are fully owned, and 41.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 10.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $431 per week and the median household income is $840 per week.

The median rent in Kangaroo Creek is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1237 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kangaroo Creek postcode 2460

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Bellingen 2454 -> North Coast -> New South Wales