Wingen Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Wingen (2337) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 221 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Wingen is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Wingen was 287 and is comprised of approximately 52.3% females and 47.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wingen is 32 years of age.

90.2% of people living in the suburb of Wingen were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.5% England, 1.8% Ireland.

94.4% of people living in Wingen speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wingen is 32.5% Anglican, 30.4% Catholic, 19.2% No religion, 5.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.9% Uniting Church, 4.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Lutheran.

66.2% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 6.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Wingen.

66.4% of the people living in Wingen over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.5% are working on a part time basis. Wingen has an unemployment rate of 4.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wingen are 23.0% Managers, 18.9% Technicians & trades workers, 12.8% Professionals, 12.8% Labourers, 10.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.1% Sales workers, 4.1% Community & personal service workers, 2.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Wingen work in are 19.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.1% Construction, 8.8% Accommodation and food services, 8.1% Health care and social assistance, 6.1% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.1% Retail trade, 6.1% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 6.1% Mining, 6.1% Wholesale trade.

24.7% of homes are fully owned, and 49.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $634 per week and the median household income is $1446 per week.

The median rent in Wingen is $300 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1900 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wingen postcode 2337

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Mitchells Island 2430 -> North Coast -> New South Wales