Gundy Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Gundy (2337) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 207 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Gundy is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Gundy was 188 and is comprised of approximately 51.1% females and 48.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Gundy is 43 years of age.

86.6% of people living in the suburb of Gundy were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.4% England, 3.2% New Zealand.

96.8% of people living in Gundy speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Gundy is 44.1% Anglican, 20.2% Catholic, 19.1% No religion, 4.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.2% Uniting Church, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.6% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.6% Lutheran, 1.6% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.6% Buddhism.

57.1% of people are married, 32.5% have never married and 7.8% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Gundy.

57.9% of the people living in Gundy over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.8% are working on a part time basis. Gundy has an unemployment rate of 5.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Gundy are 22.0% Labourers, 19.0% Managers, 12.0% Sales workers, 12.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.0% Technicians & trades workers, 10.0% Professionals, 10.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 3.0% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Gundy work in are 13.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.4% Accommodation and food services, 11.4% Education and training, 8.6% Retail trade, 8.6% Wholesale trade, 5.7% Arts and recreation services, 5.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 5.7% Administrative and support services, 5.7% Mining.

36.4% of homes are fully owned, and 33.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $540 per week and the median household income is $1264 per week.

The median rent in Gundy is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Gundy postcode 2337

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Mitchells Island 2430 -> North Coast -> New South Wales