Parkville Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Parkville (2337) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 212 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Parkville is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Parkville was 323 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Parkville is 38 years of age.

89.7% of people living in the suburb of Parkville were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.2% England, 1.6% New Zealand.

93.8% of people living in Parkville speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Parkville is 47.7% Anglican, 20.4% Catholic, 13.3% No religion, 8.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.6% Uniting Church, 3.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Christian, nfd.

55.0% of people are married, 27.7% have never married and 10.1% are divorced and 3.8% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Parkville.

65.7% of the people living in Parkville over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.1% are working on a part time basis. Parkville has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Parkville are 22.1% Managers, 17.2% Labourers, 13.5% Professionals, 12.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.7% Sales workers, 11.7% Technicians & trades workers, 7.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 3.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Parkville work in are 20.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.8% Retail trade, 10.8% Mining, 7.2% Manufacturing, 7.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.0% Health care and social assistance, 5.4% Education and training, 3.6% Arts and recreation services, 3.6% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

33.0% of homes are fully owned, and 47.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $609 per week and the median household income is $1187 per week.

The median rent in Parkville is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1716 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Parkville postcode 2337

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Beresfield 2322 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales