Kimberley Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Kimberley (7304) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 179 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Kimberley is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Kimberley was 436 and is comprised of approximately 48.2% females and 51.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Kimberley is 42 years of age.

84.8% of people living in the suburb of Kimberley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.8% England, 2.1% New Zealand, 1.8% Philippines, 1.1% Wales, 1.1% United States of America, 0.9% Scotland, 0.7% Canada, 0.7% Netherlands, 0.7% Germany.

98.4% of people living in Kimberley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Kimberley is 33.4% No religion, 25.3% Anglican, 16.8% Catholic, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.0% Uniting Church, 3.9% Latter-day Saints, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.8% Baptist, 0.9% Buddhism, 0.9% Pentecostal.

52.5% of people are married, 27.9% have never married and 8.4% are divorced and 4.7% are separated. There are 23 widowed people living in Kimberley.

54.0% of the people living in Kimberley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.2% are working on a part time basis. Kimberley has an unemployment rate of 6.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Kimberley are 32.2% Managers, 17.1% Labourers, 14.2% Technicians & trades workers, 10.0% Professionals, 6.6% Sales workers, 5.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.7% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 2.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Kimberley work in are 35.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.0% Manufacturing, 7.7% Education and training, 6.7% Retail trade, 6.2% Accommodation and food services, 6.2% Construction, 5.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.8% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Inadequately described/Not stated.

42.6% of homes are fully owned, and 31.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $431 per week and the median household income is $795 per week.

The median rent in Kimberley is $75 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Kimberley postcode 7304

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Rosegarland 7140 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania