Crabtree Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Crabtree (7109) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 22 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Crabtree is in the federal electorate of Franklin.

In the 2011 census the population of Crabtree was 275 and is comprised of approximately 53.5% females and 46.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Crabtree is 42 years of age.

82.5% of people living in the suburb of Crabtree were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.3% England, 1.8% United States of America, 1.8% Zimbabwe, 1.5% South Africa, 1.5% Scotland.

98.9% of people living in Crabtree speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.1% German.

The religious makeup of Crabtree is 37.5% No religion, 28.7% Anglican, 7.3% Catholic, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.0% Christian, nfd, 3.3% Uniting Church, 2.9% Latter-day Saints, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.2% Buddhism, 1.8% Lutheran.

55.2% of people are married, 31.4% have never married and 7.2% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 8 widowed people living in Crabtree.

49.3% of the people living in Crabtree over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 34.9% are working on a part time basis. Crabtree has an unemployment rate of 7.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Crabtree are 22.3% Professionals, 15.8% Managers, 12.9% Technicians & trades workers, 12.2% Community & personal service workers, 10.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.1% Labourers, 7.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.5% Sales workers, 2.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Crabtree work in are 14.8% Public administration and safety, 13.4% Education and training, 12.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.6% Retail trade, 9.2% Health care and social assistance, 7.7% Construction, 6.3% Other services, 6.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.3% Accommodation and food services.

44.9% of homes are fully owned, and 43.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $571 per week and the median household income is $1394 per week.

The median rent in Crabtree is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1322 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Crabtree postcode 7109

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Kayena 7270 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania