Lower Longley Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Lower Longley (7109) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 17 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Lower Longley is in the federal electorates of Denison, Franklin.

In the 2011 census the population of Lower Longley was 131 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lower Longley is 43 years of age.

90.7% of people living in the suburb of Lower Longley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.7% England, 2.3% New Zealand, 2.3% Netherlands.

97.7% of people living in Lower Longley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lower Longley is 45.8% No religion, 22.9% Anglican, 8.4% Uniting Church, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.9% Catholic, 3.8% Christian, nfd, 3.1% Pentecostal, 2.3% Other religious affiliation .

42.3% of people are married, 36.0% have never married and 18.9% are divorced and 2.7% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Lower Longley.

59.5% of the people living in Lower Longley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.0% are working on a part time basis. Lower Longley has an unemployment rate of 5.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Lower Longley are 33.3% Professionals, 19.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Managers, 9.1% Labourers, 9.1% Technicians & trades workers, 6.1% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Lower Longley work in are 19.0% Health care and social assistance, 14.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 14.3% Education and training, 14.3% Other services, 4.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4.8% Public administration and safety, 4.8% Retail trade, 4.8% Construction, 4.8% Inadequately described/Not stated.

36.0% of homes are fully owned, and 40.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $546 per week and the median household income is $1083 per week.

The median rent in Lower Longley is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1408 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lower Longley postcode 7109

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Kayena 7270 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania