Golden Valley Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Golden Valley (7304) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 145 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Golden Valley is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Golden Valley was 290 and is comprised of approximately 45.5% females and 54.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Golden Valley is 53 years of age.

73.6% of people living in the suburb of Golden Valley were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 10.8% England, 2.8% New Zealand, 2.8% Germany, 2.4% Netherlands, 1.7% Hungary, 1.4% Scotland, 1.0% South Africa, 1.0% United States of America.

97.2% of people living in Golden Valley speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Golden Valley is 30.3% No religion, 27.2% Anglican, 11.4% Catholic, 9.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.5% Christian, nfd, 4.1% Baptist, 3.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.1% Uniting Church, 1.4% Other Religious Groups, 1.0% Jehovah's Witnesses.

55.4% of people are married, 25.7% have never married and 10.8% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Golden Valley.

44.0% of the people living in Golden Valley over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 44.0% are working on a part time basis. Golden Valley has an unemployment rate of 6.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Golden Valley are 19.8% Community & personal service workers, 16.0% Technicians & trades workers, 15.1% Professionals, 15.1% Managers, 12.3% Labourers, 10.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Golden Valley work in are 16.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.5% Manufacturing, 11.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.7% Retail trade, 8.7% Education and training, 7.8% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.8% Accommodation and food services, 5.8% Arts and recreation services.

56.9% of homes are fully owned, and 21.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $357 per week and the median household income is $749 per week.

The median rent in Golden Valley is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Golden Valley postcode 7304

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Riverside 7250 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania