Winkleigh Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Winkleigh (7275) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 181 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Winkleigh is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Winkleigh was 179 and is comprised of approximately 50.8% females and 49.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Winkleigh is 42 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Winkleigh were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.9% England, 2.2% Scotland, 1.7% New Zealand.

98.3% of people living in Winkleigh speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Winkleigh is 34.3% No religion, 19.7% Anglican, 14.6% Presbyterian and Reformed, 14.0% Catholic, 5.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.4% Uniting Church, 3.4% Christian, nfd, 2.8% Salvation Army, 2.8% Pentecostal.

50.0% of people are married, 27.1% have never married and 9.7% are divorced and 8.3% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Winkleigh.

57.6% of the people living in Winkleigh over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 21.2% are working on a part time basis. Winkleigh has an unemployment rate of 9.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Winkleigh are 16.3% Sales workers, 15.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.0% Professionals, 12.0% Managers, 12.0% Technicians & trades workers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 7.6% Labourers, 3.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Winkleigh work in are 16.3% Retail trade, 14.1% Manufacturing, 13.0% Professional, scientific and technical services, 10.9% Mining, 9.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.8% Health care and social assistance, 6.5% Inadequately described/Not stated, 6.5% Wholesale trade, 3.3% Public administration and safety.

32.4% of homes are fully owned, and 54.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $545 per week and the median household income is $1021 per week.

The median rent in Winkleigh is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Winkleigh postcode 7275

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Calder 7325 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania