Blackwall Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Blackwall (7275) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 178 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Blackwall is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Blackwall was 306 and is comprised of approximately 52.9% females and 47.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Blackwall is 46 years of age.

71.8% of people living in the suburb of Blackwall were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.9% England, 2.3% New Zealand, 1.3% Scotland.

87.2% of people living in Blackwall speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 12.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Blackwall is 25.2% No religion, 19.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 17.4% Anglican, 16.1% Catholic, 6.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.2% Uniting Church, 3.3% Pentecostal, 2.0% Seventh-day Adventist, 2.0% Jehovah's Witnesses, 1.0% Churches of Christ.

54.3% of people are married, 27.3% have never married and 9.8% are divorced and 2.3% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Blackwall.

50.8% of the people living in Blackwall over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.2% are working on a part time basis. Blackwall has an unemployment rate of 4.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Blackwall are 18.7% Technicians & trades workers, 17.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.8% Labourers, 11.4% Professionals, 11.4% Managers, 9.8% Sales workers, 9.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.3% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Blackwall work in are 14.4% Retail trade, 12.8% Construction, 9.6% Education and training, 8.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.2% Manufacturing, 7.2% Administrative and support services, 5.6% Public administration and safety, 5.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.8% Professional, scientific and technical services.

45.8% of homes are fully owned, and 36.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $457 per week and the median household income is $884 per week.

The median rent in Blackwall is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1040 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Blackwall postcode 7275

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Colebrook 7027 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania