Lanena Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Lanena (7275) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 178 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Lanena is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Lanena was 313 and is comprised of approximately 49.8% females and 50.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lanena is 52 years of age.

72.9% of people living in the suburb of Lanena were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 10.5% England, 2.2% Wales, 1.3% New Zealand, 1.0% Netherlands, 1.0% Ireland, 1.0% Germany.

91.3% of people living in Lanena speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lanena is 30.4% No religion, 17.9% Anglican, 13.8% Catholic, 12.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Uniting Church, 6.7% Christian, nfd, 4.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.9% Lutheran, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.3% Pentecostal.

64.8% of people are married, 20.0% have never married and 5.2% are divorced and 4.1% are separated. There are 16 widowed people living in Lanena.

50.7% of the people living in Lanena over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 36.3% are working on a part time basis. Lanena has an unemployment rate of 4.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Lanena are 25.0% Professionals, 17.9% Managers, 12.9% Technicians & trades workers, 10.7% Sales workers, 10.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.6% Community & personal service workers, 6.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 4.3% Labourers.

The main industries people from Lanena work in are 13.1% Education and training, 13.1% Health care and social assistance, 12.4% Construction, 10.9% Accommodation and food services, 9.5% Manufacturing, 8.8% Public administration and safety, 6.6% Retail trade, 6.6% Other services, 4.4% Information media and telecommunications.

49.2% of homes are fully owned, and 33.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $450 per week and the median household income is $928 per week.

The median rent in Lanena is $240 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1607 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lanena postcode 7275

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Kempton 7030 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania