Stoneleigh Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Stoneleigh (4356) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 140 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Stoneleigh is in the federal electorate of Groom.

In the 2011 census the population of Stoneleigh was 283 and is comprised of approximately 49.1% females and 50.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Stoneleigh is 40 years of age.

93.2% of people living in the suburb of Stoneleigh were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% New Zealand, 1.8% England.

96.8% of people living in Stoneleigh speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Stoneleigh is 28.4% Catholic, 25.5% Anglican, 12.1% Lutheran, 8.2% No religion, 7.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.7% Uniting Church, 3.2% Christian, nfd, 2.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Churches of Christ, 2.1% Buddhism.

58.6% of people are married, 27.8% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 3.1% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Stoneleigh.

66.9% of the people living in Stoneleigh over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.1% are working on a part time basis. Stoneleigh has an unemployment rate of 4.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Stoneleigh are 22.3% Managers, 20.3% Labourers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 13.5% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.5% Professionals, 8.8% Community & personal service workers, 4.7% Sales workers, 3.4% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Stoneleigh work in are 28.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 17.8% Manufacturing, 14.4% Health care and social assistance, 10.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 8.2% Construction, 6.8% Education and training, 5.5% Mining, 3.4% Retail trade, 2.7% Public administration and safety.

47.8% of homes are fully owned, and 38.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 7.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $465 per week and the median household income is $1045 per week.

The median rent in Stoneleigh is $300 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1250 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Stoneleigh postcode 4356

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Ideraway 4625 -> Central Coast -> Queensland