Scrubby Mountain Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Scrubby Mountain (4356) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 146 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Scrubby Mountain is in the federal electorate of Groom.

In the 2011 census the population of Scrubby Mountain was 216 and is comprised of approximately 50.0% females and 50.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Scrubby Mountain is 45 years of age.

92.6% of people living in the suburb of Scrubby Mountain were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.7% England, 1.4% Colombia.

96.7% of people living in Scrubby Mountain speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Scrubby Mountain is 28.2% Anglican, 19.9% Catholic, 12.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.3% No religion, 9.3% Uniting Church, 5.6% Christian, nfd, 5.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.1% Lutheran, 2.8% Pentecostal, 1.4% Salvation Army.

65.1% of people are married, 24.4% have never married and 7.0% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Scrubby Mountain.

66.2% of the people living in Scrubby Mountain over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.2% are working on a part time basis. Scrubby Mountain has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Scrubby Mountain are 24.0% Managers, 14.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.2% Community & personal service workers, 11.6% Labourers, 9.3% Technicians & trades workers, 7.0% Professionals, 4.7% Sales workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Scrubby Mountain work in are 32.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.8% Health care and social assistance, 10.2% Construction, 9.4% Wholesale trade, 7.9% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.1% Accommodation and food services, 7.1% Education and training, 4.7% Arts and recreation services, 4.7% Public administration and safety.

36.2% of homes are fully owned, and 23.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 35.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $562 per week and the median household income is $1086 per week.

The median rent in Scrubby Mountain is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1617 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Scrubby Mountain postcode 4356

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Ideraway 4625 -> Central Coast -> Queensland