Irongate Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Irongate (4356) is a suburb of Western, South Western, Queensland. It is about 150 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Irongate is in the federal electorate of Groom.

In the 2011 census the population of Irongate was 220 and is comprised of approximately 45.5% females and 54.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Irongate is 40 years of age.

94.1% of people living in the suburb of Irongate were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.3% New Zealand.

97.7% of people living in Irongate speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Irongate is 31.4% Anglican, 25.9% Catholic, 12.3% Lutheran, 7.7% Pentecostal, 6.4% Uniting Church, 5.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Christian, nfd, 3.2% No religion, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed.

59.2% of people are married, 32.2% have never married and 6.9% are divorced and 1.7% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Irongate.

64.2% of the people living in Irongate over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 22.6% are working on a part time basis. Irongate has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Irongate are 40.0% Managers, 15.6% Technicians & trades workers, 11.1% Labourers, 8.9% Community & personal service workers, 6.7% Professionals, 6.7% Sales workers, 6.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.4% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Irongate work in are 33.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Education and training, 6.4% Mining, 6.4% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Manufacturing, 4.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 4.3% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Other services.

42.3% of homes are fully owned, and 39.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $604 per week and the median household income is $1424 per week.

The median rent in Irongate is $280 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1352 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Irongate postcode 4356

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Ideraway 4625 -> Central Coast -> Queensland