Yerra Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Yerra (4650) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 212 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Yerra is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Yerra was 171 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yerra is 43 years of age.

82.4% of people living in the suburb of Yerra were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.3% England.

88.3% of people living in Yerra speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 11.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yerra is 24.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 19.5% No religion, 16.6% Anglican, 13.6% Catholic, 10.1% Christian, nfd, 7.1% Uniting Church, 4.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Salvation Army, 1.8% Lutheran.

67.1% of people are married, 19.3% have never married and 5.0% are divorced and 8.6% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Yerra.

66.7% of the people living in Yerra over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.6% are working on a part time basis. Yerra has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Yerra are 27.3% Managers, 19.5% Community & personal service workers, 16.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.0% Technicians & trades workers, 10.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.1% Labourers, 3.9% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Yerra work in are 23.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.8% Health care and social assistance, 11.8% Public administration and safety, 11.8% Retail trade, 11.8% Manufacturing, 7.9% Financial and insurance services, 7.9% Construction, 5.3% Arts and recreation services, 3.9% Education and training.

36.2% of homes are fully owned, and 37.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 20.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $462 per week and the median household income is $1036 per week.

The median rent in Yerra is $220 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yerra postcode 4650

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Springfield 4300 -> Brisbane -> Queensland