Maryborough West Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Maryborough West (4650) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 220 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Maryborough West is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Maryborough West was 665 and is comprised of approximately 51.0% females and 49.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Maryborough West is 47 years of age.

86.3% of people living in the suburb of Maryborough West were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% England, 2.0% New Zealand, 0.9% Zimbabwe, 0.8% Netherlands, 0.5% Philippines.

93.2% of people living in Maryborough West speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Maryborough West is 21.0% Anglican, 16.2% No religion, 15.4% Catholic, 9.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.4% Uniting Church, 6.9% Christian, nfd, 4.8% Lutheran, 4.0% Other Protestant, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.4% Brethren.

62.9% of people are married, 20.8% have never married and 7.1% are divorced and 4.0% are separated. There are 29 widowed people living in Maryborough West.

58.5% of the people living in Maryborough West over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.3% are working on a part time basis. Maryborough West has an unemployment rate of 2.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Maryborough West are 16.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 15.2% Professionals, 14.5% Managers, 13.9% Technicians & trades workers, 11.8% Labourers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 8.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.1% Sales workers, 1.0% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Maryborough West work in are 16.0% Manufacturing, 12.2% Health care and social assistance, 9.9% Public administration and safety, 9.9% Retail trade, 8.5% Construction, 7.5% Education and training, 6.5% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.1% Accommodation and food services.

49.6% of homes are fully owned, and 32.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $451 per week and the median household income is $947 per week.

The median rent in Maryborough West is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Maryborough West postcode 4650

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Norman Park 4170 -> Brisbane -> Queensland