Owanyilla Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Owanyilla (4650) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 205 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Owanyilla is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Owanyilla was 321 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Owanyilla is 39 years of age.

89.7% of people living in the suburb of Owanyilla were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% New Zealand, 1.6% South Africa, 1.6% Finland, 1.6% England.

97.2% of people living in Owanyilla speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Owanyilla is 25.2% Anglican, 24.3% No religion, 13.4% Catholic, 9.7% Uniting Church, 7.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.4% Christian, nfd, 4.4% Lutheran, 4.0% Pentecostal, 0.9% Salvation Army.

57.8% of people are married, 23.7% have never married and 8.0% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 17 widowed people living in Owanyilla.

58.3% of the people living in Owanyilla over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.1% are working on a part time basis. Owanyilla has an unemployment rate of 10.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Owanyilla are 21.4% Managers, 18.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.0% Professionals, 11.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.9% Community & personal service workers, 9.2% Technicians & trades workers, 7.6% Labourers, 6.9% Sales workers, 2.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Owanyilla work in are 18.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.0% Manufacturing, 14.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 9.0% Construction, 6.8% Education and training, 5.3% Health care and social assistance, 4.5% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.5% Public administration and safety, 4.5% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

40.5% of homes are fully owned, and 38.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $495 per week and the median household income is $1117 per week.

The median rent in Owanyilla is $165 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1517 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Owanyilla postcode 4650

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: College View 4343 -> South Eastern -> Queensland