Teddington Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Teddington (4650) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 206 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Teddington is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Teddington was 358 and is comprised of approximately 49.2% females and 50.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Teddington is 42 years of age.

88.6% of people living in the suburb of Teddington were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.1% England, 2.5% New Zealand, 1.4% Northern Ireland, 1.4% Papua New Guinea, 1.1% Germany.

98.3% of people living in Teddington speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Teddington is 24.2% No religion, 22.0% Catholic, 20.9% Anglican, 10.6% Uniting Church, 6.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.2% Lutheran, 3.1% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Pentecostal, 1.4% Salvation Army, 1.4% Baptist.

66.4% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 3.1% are divorced and 3.1% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Teddington.

57.3% of the people living in Teddington over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.6% are working on a part time basis. Teddington has an unemployment rate of 6.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Teddington are 18.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 16.1% Technicians & trades workers, 14.9% Managers, 12.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.9% Community & personal service workers, 10.3% Labourers, 8.6% Professionals, 8.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Teddington work in are 12.9% Manufacturing, 12.4% Health care and social assistance, 11.2% Retail trade, 10.1% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.0% Public administration and safety, 8.4% Education and training, 6.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.7% Accommodation and food services, 5.1% Other services.

44.2% of homes are fully owned, and 41.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 14.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $442 per week and the median household income is $992 per week.

The median rent in Teddington is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1430 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Teddington postcode 4650

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Woodwark 4802 -> Central Coast -> Queensland