Maaroom Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Maaroom (4650) is a suburb of Central Coast, Bundaberg & Wide Bay, Queensland. It is about 207 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Maaroom is in the federal electorate of Wide Bay.

In the 2011 census the population of Maaroom was 216 and is comprised of approximately 42.1% females and 57.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Maaroom is 59 years of age.

81.0% of people living in the suburb of Maaroom were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.0% England, 3.2% New Zealand, 2.3% Zimbabwe.

94.0% of people living in Maaroom speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Maaroom is 29.4% Anglican, 15.6% Catholic, 14.2% No religion, 11.0% Uniting Church, 10.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 5.5% Lutheran, 2.8% Other Protestant, 1.4% Churches of Christ, 1.4% Buddhism.

58.9% of people are married, 11.0% have never married and 15.8% are divorced and 7.2% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Maaroom.

51.3% of the people living in Maaroom over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 44.9% are working on a part time basis. Maaroom has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Maaroom are 17.6% Technicians & trades workers, 16.2% Professionals, 16.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 16.2% Community & personal service workers, 13.5% Labourers, 12.2% Sales workers, 8.1% Clerical & administrative workers.

The main industries people from Maaroom work in are 14.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 12.2% Health care and social assistance, 11.0% Accommodation and food services, 11.0% Retail trade, 7.3% Manufacturing, 7.3% Construction, 7.3% Information media and telecommunications, 7.3% Education and training, 7.3% Mining.

72.2% of homes are fully owned, and 15.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $331 per week and the median household income is $562 per week.

The median rent in Maaroom is $170 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $765 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Maaroom postcode 4650

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Woodwark 4802 -> Central Coast -> Queensland