Terara Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Terara (2540) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 123 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Terara is in the federal electorate of Gilmore.

In the 2011 census the population of Terara was 237 and is comprised of approximately 51.5% females and 48.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Terara is 44 years of age.

82.3% of people living in the suburb of Terara were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.5% England, 2.1% Germany, 2.1% Scotland.

94.1% of people living in Terara speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Terara is 25.7% Anglican, 17.3% Catholic, 16.9% No religion, 11.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 10.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.2% Baptist, 5.5% Uniting Church, 4.2% Christian, nfd, 1.7% Other religious affiliation .

50.2% of people are married, 28.6% have never married and 12.3% are divorced and 1.5% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Terara.

55.7% of the people living in Terara over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.7% are working on a part time basis. Terara has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Terara are 21.8% Managers, 17.6% Technicians & trades workers, 14.3% Professionals, 12.6% Sales workers, 10.9% Labourers, 10.1% Community & personal service workers, 8.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.2% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Terara work in are 17.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.3% Public administration and safety, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 7.4% Retail trade, 7.4% Education and training, 7.4% Accommodation and food services, 7.4% Construction, 7.4% Administrative and support services, 4.9% Information media and telecommunications.

43.8% of homes are fully owned, and 22.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 29.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $592 per week and the median household income is $954 per week.

The median rent in Terara is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Terara postcode 2540

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Woombah 2469 -> North Coast -> New South Wales