Meroo Meadow Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Meroo Meadow (2540) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 118 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Meroo Meadow is in the federal electorate of Gilmore.

In the 2011 census the population of Meroo Meadow was 351 and is comprised of approximately 47.3% females and 52.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Meroo Meadow is 49 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Meroo Meadow were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.9% England, 2.3% Scotland, 1.7% New Zealand.

97.4% of people living in Meroo Meadow speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Meroo Meadow is 36.3% Anglican, 18.6% No religion, 16.3% Catholic, 8.0% Uniting Church, 6.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.0% Pentecostal, 1.7% Other Christian, 1.4% Lutheran, 0.9% Christian, nfd.

60.3% of people are married, 26.4% have never married and 5.1% are divorced and 1.0% are separated. There are 21 widowed people living in Meroo Meadow.

54.9% of the people living in Meroo Meadow over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.8% are working on a part time basis. Meroo Meadow has an unemployment rate of 7.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Meroo Meadow are 24.7% Professionals, 22.5% Managers, 12.6% Technicians & trades workers, 11.5% Community & personal service workers, 10.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.6% Labourers, 5.5% Sales workers, 3.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.2% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Meroo Meadow work in are 16.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.8% Health care and social assistance, 11.2% Public administration and safety, 9.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 8.6% Manufacturing, 8.6% Education and training, 8.6% Construction, 4.8% Accommodation and food services, 4.8% Financial and insurance services.

45.9% of homes are fully owned, and 30.1% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $615 per week and the median household income is $1437 per week.

The median rent in Meroo Meadow is $175 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $3400 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Meroo Meadow postcode 2540

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Cromer 2099 -> Sydney -> New South Wales