Bream Beach Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Bream Beach (2540) is a suburb of South Coast, South Coast, New South Wales. It is about 147 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Bream Beach is in the federal electorate of Gilmore.

In the 2011 census the population of Bream Beach was 125 and is comprised of approximately 49.6% females and 50.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bream Beach is 55 years of age.

77.4% of people living in the suburb of Bream Beach were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 15.3% England, 4.0% Singapore.

95.2% of people living in Bream Beach speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bream Beach is 27.8% Anglican, 16.7% Catholic, 14.3% No religion, 11.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.7% Pentecostal, 4.8% Other religious affiliation , 4.8% Uniting Church, 2.4% Islam, 2.4% Buddhism, 2.4% Judaism.

59.3% of people are married, 21.3% have never married and 5.6% are divorced and 2.8% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Bream Beach.

58.5% of the people living in Bream Beach over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.5% are working on a part time basis. Bream Beach has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Bream Beach are 26.3% Managers, 21.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 18.4% Community & personal service workers, 18.4% Technicians & trades workers, 7.9% Professionals, 7.9% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Bream Beach work in are 34.2% Accommodation and food services, 21.1% Health care and social assistance, 15.8% Construction, 10.5% Manufacturing, 10.5% Retail trade, 7.9% Public administration and safety.

57.1% of homes are fully owned, and 20.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $405 per week and the median household income is $716 per week.

The median rent in Bream Beach is $310 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bream Beach postcode 2540

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Gillieston Heights 2321 -> Hunter Valley -> New South Wales