Tooraweenah Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Tooraweenah (2831) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 345 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Tooraweenah is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Tooraweenah was 371 and is comprised of approximately 48.0% females and 52.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Tooraweenah is 47 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Tooraweenah were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 0.8% Madagascar.

91.3% of people living in Tooraweenah speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 8.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Tooraweenah is 31.4% Anglican, 22.2% Catholic, 14.1% No religion, 12.4% Presbyterian and Reformed, 11.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.9% Uniting Church, 1.6% Other Christian, 1.1% Other religious affiliation , 1.1% Lutheran.

63.6% of people are married, 24.2% have never married and 6.1% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Tooraweenah.

63.4% of the people living in Tooraweenah over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.8% are working on a part time basis. Tooraweenah has an unemployment rate of 5.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Tooraweenah are 52.1% Managers, 15.4% Professionals, 11.2% Labourers, 8.0% Technicians & trades workers, 6.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 1.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Tooraweenah work in are 58.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.0% Health care and social assistance, 6.9% Retail trade, 6.3% Education and training, 6.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.1% Public administration and safety, 2.1% Financial and insurance services, 2.1% Wholesale trade, 1.6% Professional, scientific and technical services.

50.7% of homes are fully owned, and 24.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 18.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $478 per week and the median household income is $859 per week.

The median rent in Tooraweenah is $40 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $400 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Tooraweenah postcode 2831

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Woombah 2469 -> North Coast -> New South Wales