Girilambone Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Girilambone (2831) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 497 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Girilambone is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Girilambone was 220 and is comprised of approximately 51.8% females and 48.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Girilambone is 37 years of age.

90.5% of people living in the suburb of Girilambone were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.8% England.

95.0% of people living in Girilambone speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Girilambone is 36.3% Anglican, 19.7% Catholic, 12.1% No religion, 9.0% Uniting Church, 5.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Baptist, 2.7% Buddhism, 2.7% Christian, nfd, 2.7% Lutheran.

52.4% of people are married, 31.8% have never married and 7.1% are divorced and 3.5% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Girilambone.

65.0% of the people living in Girilambone over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 13.7% are working on a part time basis. Girilambone has an unemployment rate of 10.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Girilambone are 47.2% Managers, 12.3% Labourers, 11.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 8.5% Community & personal service workers, 6.6% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.7% Professionals, 5.7% Technicians & trades workers, 2.8% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Girilambone work in are 53.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 7.7% Health care and social assistance, 7.7% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.8% Wholesale trade, 4.8% Other services, 3.8% Financial and insurance services, 3.8% Education and training, 3.8% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 2.9% Professional, scientific and technical services.

44.0% of homes are fully owned, and 22.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $422 per week and the median household income is $866 per week.

The median rent in Girilambone is $95 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $975 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Girilambone postcode 2831

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Woombah 2469 -> North Coast -> New South Wales