Merrygoen Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Merrygoen (2831) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Central West Slopes, New South Wales. It is about 293 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Merrygoen is in the federal electorate of Parkes.

In the 2011 census the population of Merrygoen was 149 and is comprised of approximately 43.6% females and 56.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Merrygoen is 45 years of age.

97.9% of people living in the suburb of Merrygoen were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth wer.

98.0% of people living in Merrygoen speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Merrygoen is 45.0% Anglican, 24.2% Catholic, 9.4% No religion, 8.1% Uniting Church, 7.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.0% Other Christian, 2.0% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Presbyterian and Reformed.

59.1% of people are married, 32.2% have never married and 0.0% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Merrygoen.

68.0% of the people living in Merrygoen over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.0% are working on a part time basis. Merrygoen has an unemployment rate of 4.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Merrygoen are 56.7% Managers, 13.4% Labourers, 10.4% Professionals, 9.0% Technicians & trades workers, 6.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Merrygoen work in are 56.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.0% Education and training, 8.7% Construction, 8.7% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Public administration and safety, 4.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Other services.

41.2% of homes are fully owned, and 25.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 33.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $404 per week and the median household income is $722 per week.

The median rent in Merrygoen is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1192 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Merrygoen postcode 2831

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Tullakool 2732 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales