Mitchells Flat Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Mitchells Flat (2330) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 146 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Mitchells Flat is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Mitchells Flat was 307 and is comprised of approximately 51.1% females and 48.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Mitchells Flat is 38 years of age.

92.5% of people living in the suburb of Mitchells Flat were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.6% England.

98.0% of people living in Mitchells Flat speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Mitchells Flat is 32.0% Anglican, 30.1% Catholic, 14.4% Uniting Church, 8.8% No religion, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.6% Baptist, 2.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.3% Buddhism, 1.0% Christian, nfd.

65.3% of people are married, 24.3% have never married and 5.0% are divorced and 1.4% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Mitchells Flat.

57.1% of the people living in Mitchells Flat over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 37.3% are working on a part time basis. Mitchells Flat has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Mitchells Flat are 22.8% Technicians & trades workers, 19.1% Managers, 14.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.0% Professionals, 9.3% Sales workers, 3.7% Labourers, 1.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 1.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Mitchells Flat work in are 26.1% Mining, 13.0% Retail trade, 11.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.8% Manufacturing, 6.8% Education and training, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 5.0% Construction, 4.3% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 3.7% Professional, scientific and technical services.

40.6% of homes are fully owned, and 43.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $670 per week and the median household income is $1788 per week.

The median rent in Mitchells Flat is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2288 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Mitchells Flat postcode 2330

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Goolgowi 2652 -> Regional NSW -> New South Wales