Bridgman Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Bridgman (2330) is a suburb of Hunter Valley, Upper Hunter Valley, New South Wales. It is about 159 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Bridgman is in the federal electorate of Hunter.

In the 2011 census the population of Bridgman was 396 and is comprised of approximately 49.0% females and 51.0% males.

The median/average age of the population of Bridgman is 37 years of age.

93.7% of people living in the suburb of Bridgman were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.3% New Zealand, 1.3% Hong Kong , 1.3% England.

97.2% of people living in Bridgman speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.8% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Bridgman is 46.2% Anglican, 16.2% Catholic, 12.1% Uniting Church, 11.1% No religion, 5.8% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.8% Christian, nfd, 2.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.5% Judaism, 1.3% Baptist, 0.8% Other Christian.

54.5% of people are married, 30.1% have never married and 9.1% are divorced and 2.8% are separated. There are 11 widowed people living in Bridgman.

64.2% of the people living in Bridgman over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.1% are working on a part time basis. Bridgman has an unemployment rate of 2.6%.

The main occupations of people living in Bridgman are 20.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 17.3% Technicians & trades workers, 15.0% Managers, 14.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.9% Labourers, 7.5% Professionals, 6.6% Community & personal service workers, 5.8% Sales workers, 1.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Bridgman work in are 25.2% Mining, 13.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.6% Construction, 7.7% Health care and social assistance, 6.3% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.9% Retail trade, 5.0% Other services, 3.6% Rental, hiring and real estate services, 3.2% Public administration and safety.

38.6% of homes are fully owned, and 33.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 25.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $612 per week and the median household income is $1402 per week.

The median rent in Bridgman is $250 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1800 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Bridgman postcode 2330

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Narrawallee 2539 -> South Coast -> New South Wales