Yolla Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Yolla (7325) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 237 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Yolla is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Yolla was 337 and is comprised of approximately 47.5% females and 52.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Yolla is 41 years of age.

86.3% of people living in the suburb of Yolla were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.1% New Zealand, 1.8% England, 1.5% Sri Lanka, 1.5% Papua New Guinea, 1.5% Austria.

95.8% of people living in Yolla speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Yolla is 40.8% No religion, 15.8% Anglican, 12.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.1% Catholic, 8.0% Uniting Church, 6.5% Baptist, 2.1% Christian, nfd, 1.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 0.9% Buddhism, 0.9% Other religious affiliation .

52.2% of people are married, 33.6% have never married and 7.5% are divorced and 3.4% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Yolla.

56.9% of the people living in Yolla over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 33.1% are working on a part time basis. Yolla has an unemployment rate of 2.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Yolla are 18.8% Managers, 18.8% Technicians & trades workers, 14.3% Community & personal service workers, 10.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.7% Sales workers, 9.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.1% Professionals, 9.1% Labourers.

The main industries people from Yolla work in are 16.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.8% Retail trade, 11.5% Health care and social assistance, 9.6% Manufacturing, 8.3% Accommodation and food services, 7.7% Education and training, 5.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.8% Construction, 5.8% Administrative and support services.

36.2% of homes are fully owned, and 47.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 16.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $461 per week and the median household income is $1067 per week.

The median rent in Yolla is $125 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1000 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Yolla postcode 7325

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Lonnavale 7109 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania