Oldina Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Oldina (7325) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 242 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Oldina is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Oldina was 111 and is comprised of approximately 52.3% females and 47.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Oldina is 46 years of age.

81.5% of people living in the suburb of Oldina were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.6% Netherlands, 4.6% England, 4.6% Scotland.

93.6% of people living in Oldina speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Oldina is 37.3% No religion, 18.2% Catholic, 13.6% Anglican, 10.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.4% Uniting Church, 5.5% Baptist, 5.5% Christian, nfd, 2.7% Presbyterian and Reformed.

58.3% of people are married, 22.9% have never married and 9.4% are divorced and 9.4% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Oldina.

49.2% of the people living in Oldina over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 35.6% are working on a part time basis. Oldina has an unemployment rate of 10.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Oldina are 20.0% Professionals, 16.4% Managers, 12.7% Community & personal service workers, 12.7% Labourers, 10.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.9% Technicians & trades workers, 5.5% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Oldina work in are 26.4% Health care and social assistance, 24.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 17.0% Education and training, 11.3% Retail trade, 7.5% Construction, 7.5% Financial and insurance services, 5.7% Wholesale trade.

38.6% of homes are fully owned, and 54.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 6.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $359 per week and the median household income is $1333 per week.

The median rent in Oldina is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $2202 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Oldina postcode 7325

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Ansons Bay 7264 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania