Elliott Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Elliott (7325) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 237 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Elliott is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Elliott was 350 and is comprised of approximately 47.4% females and 52.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Elliott is 42 years of age.

85.1% of people living in the suburb of Elliott were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.2% England, 2.0% Canada, 1.7% Eastern Europe, nfd, 1.4% New Zealand, 1.4% Northern Ireland.

99.1% of people living in Elliott speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 0.9% Other.

The religious makeup of Elliott is 30.5% No religion, 17.1% Anglican, 15.1% Catholic, 8.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.4% Baptist, 4.6% Uniting Church, 3.7% Christian, nfd, 3.4% Other Protestant, 2.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Brethren.

56.6% of people are married, 26.0% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 4.2% are separated. There are 14 widowed people living in Elliott.

47.8% of the people living in Elliott over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 29.0% are working on a part time basis. Elliott has an unemployment rate of 11.8%.

The main occupations of people living in Elliott are 20.9% Professionals, 15.3% Community & personal service workers, 14.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.5% Technicians & trades workers, 12.9% Managers, 9.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.2% Labourers, 3.7% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Elliott work in are 17.3% Education and training, 13.7% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.9% Health care and social assistance, 10.7% Manufacturing, 10.1% Public administration and safety, 6.0% Construction, 5.4% Accommodation and food services, 4.2% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.6% Retail trade.

47.3% of homes are fully owned, and 39.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $466 per week and the median household income is $1083 per week.

The median rent in Elliott is $170 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Elliott postcode 7325

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Brooklyn 7320 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania