Sisters Creek Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Sisters Creek (7325) is a suburb of Tasmania, North West, Tasmania. It is about 258 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Sisters Creek is in the federal electorate of Braddon.

In the 2011 census the population of Sisters Creek was 201 and is comprised of approximately 46.3% females and 53.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Sisters Creek is 47 years of age.

86.5% of people living in the suburb of Sisters Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.0% Wales, 2.5% South Africa, 2.5% Netherlands, 1.5% England.

96.5% of people living in Sisters Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.5% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Sisters Creek is 33.3% No religion, 22.4% Anglican, 11.4% Catholic, 9.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.0% Uniting Church, 4.5% Christian, nfd, 4.0% Presbyterian and Reformed, 3.0% Baptist, 1.5% Other religious affiliation , 1.5% Pentecostal.

55.5% of people are married, 32.9% have never married and 7.3% are divorced and 1.8% are separated. There are 4 widowed people living in Sisters Creek.

60.0% of the people living in Sisters Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 28.0% are working on a part time basis. Sisters Creek has an unemployment rate of 6.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Sisters Creek are 29.0% Managers, 12.9% Professionals, 11.8% Labourers, 10.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 10.8% Technicians & trades workers, 9.7% Community & personal service workers, 7.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Sisters Creek work in are 27.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 20.0% Manufacturing, 15.6% Construction, 11.1% Retail trade, 11.1% Health care and social assistance, 4.4% Accommodation and food services, 3.3% Arts and recreation services, 3.3% Public administration and safety, 3.3% Inadequately described/Not stated.

46.7% of homes are fully owned, and 29.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 24.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $463 per week and the median household income is $1215 per week.

The median rent in Sisters Creek is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1032 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Sisters Creek postcode 7325

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Beaconsfield 7270 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania