Wellstead Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Wellstead (6328) is a suburb of South Western, Great Southern, Western Australia. It is about 380 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Wellstead is in the federal electorate of O'Connor.

In the 2011 census the population of Wellstead was 157 and is comprised of approximately 47.8% females and 52.2% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wellstead is 42 years of age.

88.3% of people living in the suburb of Wellstead were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.2% South Africa, 2.6% New Zealand, 2.6% England.

98.1% of people living in Wellstead speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.9% German.

The religious makeup of Wellstead is 35.4% No religion, 24.7% Anglican, 12.7% Catholic, 9.5% Uniting Church, 6.3% Baptist, 3.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.5% Christian, nfd, 1.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.9% Lutheran, 1.9% Buddhism.

61.5% of people are married, 25.6% have never married and 10.3% are divorced and 2.6% are separated. There are 0 widowed people living in Wellstead.

73.6% of the people living in Wellstead over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.5% are working on a part time basis. Wellstead has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wellstead are 54.0% Managers, 21.8% Labourers, 9.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.9% Professionals, 4.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 3.4% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Wellstead work in are 73.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.9% Administrative and support services, 6.9% Health care and social assistance, 5.7% Inadequately described/Not stated, 3.4% Education and training, 3.4% Mining.

57.9% of homes are fully owned, and 10.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 31.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $581 per week and the median household income is $988 per week.

The median rent in Wellstead is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wellstead postcode 6328

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Beachlands 6530 -> South East & Central -> Western Australia