Napier Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Napier (6330) is a suburb of South Western, South West, Western Australia. It is about 370 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Napier is in the federal electorate of O'Connor.

In the 2011 census the population of Napier was 260 and is comprised of approximately 51.5% females and 48.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Napier is 47 years of age.

80.9% of people living in the suburb of Napier were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.0% England, 2.3% United States of America, 1.6% South Africa, 1.6% Scotland, 1.6% Philippines.

96.1% of people living in Napier speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Napier is 33.6% No religion, 18.1% Anglican, 13.5% Catholic, 10.4% Christian, nfd, 9.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.9% Uniting Church, 1.5% Buddhism, 1.2% Seventh-day Adventist, 1.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.2% Baptist.

55.4% of people are married, 26.8% have never married and 10.3% are divorced and 3.3% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Napier.

43.3% of the people living in Napier over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.8% are working on a part time basis. Napier has an unemployment rate of 4.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Napier are 32.1% Managers, 16.8% Labourers, 10.9% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.5% Professionals, 8.8% Community & personal service workers, 8.8% Technicians & trades workers, 6.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.6% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Napier work in are 36.2% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Construction, 9.9% Health care and social assistance, 8.5% Manufacturing, 6.4% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.4% Other services, 6.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.3% Retail trade, 4.3% Education and training.

54.1% of homes are fully owned, and 25.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $530 per week and the median household income is $979 per week.

The median rent in Napier is $120 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1500 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Napier postcode 6330

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Elgin 6237 -> South Western -> Western Australia