Lawitta Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Lawitta (7140) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 28 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Lawitta is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Lawitta was 210 and is comprised of approximately 47.1% females and 52.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lawitta is 45 years of age.

95.7% of people living in the suburb of Lawitta were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% England.

97.1% of people living in Lawitta speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.9% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lawitta is 49.3% Anglican, 20.1% Catholic, 15.3% No religion, 8.1% Uniting Church, 7.2% Religious affiliation not stated.

57.5% of people are married, 28.1% have never married and 6.6% are divorced and 3.6% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in Lawitta.

63.4% of the people living in Lawitta over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.7% are working on a part time basis. Lawitta has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Lawitta are 17.6% Technicians & trades workers, 16.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 15.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 14.7% Managers, 9.8% Sales workers, 9.8% Community & personal service workers, 9.8% Labourers, 2.9% Professionals, 2.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Lawitta work in are 14.0% Manufacturing, 12.0% Health care and social assistance, 11.0% Public administration and safety, 11.0% Construction, 9.0% Other services, 7.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 6.0% Accommodation and food services, 6.0% Retail trade.

44.4% of homes are fully owned, and 42.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $478 per week and the median household income is $900 per week.

The median rent in Lawitta is $230 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1337 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lawitta postcode 7140

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Kempton 7030 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania