National Park Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

National Park (7140) is a suburb of Tasmania, West Coast, Tasmania. It is about 54 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. National Park is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of National Park was 135 and is comprised of approximately 48.1% females and 51.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of National Park is 49 years of age.

87.3% of people living in the suburb of National Park were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.7% England.

96.3% of people living in National Park speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of National Park is 36.6% No religion, 30.6% Anglican, 10.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 9.0% Catholic, 4.5% Pentecostal, 2.2% Lutheran, 2.2% Other Religious Groups, 2.2% Uniting Church, 2.2% Christian, nfd.

37.7% of people are married, 40.4% have never married and 10.5% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 7 widowed people living in National Park.

58.1% of the people living in National Park over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 41.9% are working on a part time basis. National Park has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in National Park are 28.9% Professionals, 28.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.2% Labourers, 13.2% Managers, 7.9% Sales workers, 7.9% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from National Park work in are 35.9% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 15.4% Construction, 15.4% Health care and social assistance, 10.3% Accommodation and food services, 7.7% Arts and recreation services, 7.7% Education and training, 7.7% Transport, postal and warehousing.

49.0% of homes are fully owned, and 31.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 19.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $314 per week and the median household income is $544 per week.

The median rent in National Park is $28 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1213 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for National Park postcode 7140

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Liffey 7301 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania