Miena Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Miena (7030) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 112 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Miena is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Miena was 303 and is comprised of approximately 41.9% females and 58.1% males.

The median/average age of the population of Miena is 54 years of age.

76.7% of people living in the suburb of Miena were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 5.7% England, 3.0% Scotland, 2.0% New Zealand.

88.4% of people living in Miena speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 11.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Miena is 34.5% Anglican, 20.4% No religion, 17.4% Catholic, 12.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.2% Uniting Church, 3.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.0% Buddhism, 2.0% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Baptist, 1.0% Other Religious Groups.

48.4% of people are married, 20.5% have never married and 18.3% are divorced and 6.2% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Miena.

51.7% of the people living in Miena over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 31.9% are working on a part time basis. Miena has an unemployment rate of 6.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Miena are 24.3% Managers, 19.6% Labourers, 12.1% Professionals, 12.1% Technicians & trades workers, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.3% Community & personal service workers, 8.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 2.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Miena work in are 19.6% Accommodation and food services, 15.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.1% Arts and recreation services, 10.3% Construction, 8.4% Manufacturing, 8.4% Health care and social assistance, 8.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 5.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 5.6% Mining.

59.4% of homes are fully owned, and 21.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 12.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $380 per week and the median household income is $605 per week.

The median rent in Miena is $9 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $911 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Miena postcode 7030

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Pegarah 7256 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania