Wilburville Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Wilburville (7030) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 100 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Wilburville is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Wilburville was 242 and is comprised of approximately 41.7% females and 58.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wilburville is 49 years of age.

89.2% of people living in the suburb of Wilburville were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.9% England.

96.7% of people living in Wilburville speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.3% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Wilburville is 39.0% Anglican, 21.2% Catholic, 14.1% No religion, 13.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 5.8% Uniting Church, 2.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.7% Other religious affiliation , 1.2% Lutheran, 1.2% Christian, nfd.

55.7% of people are married, 26.1% have never married and 8.9% are divorced and 2.0% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Wilburville.

66.7% of the people living in Wilburville over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.8% are working on a part time basis. Wilburville has an unemployment rate of 5.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wilburville are 38.8% Managers, 24.1% Labourers, 15.5% Technicians & trades workers, 7.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.2% Professionals, 2.6% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Wilburville work in are 57.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.6% Accommodation and food services, 7.8% Construction, 5.2% Public administration and safety, 5.2% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.6% Retail trade, 2.6% Manufacturing, 2.6% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

48.0% of homes are fully owned, and 13.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 34.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $475 per week and the median household income is $763 per week.

The median rent in Wilburville is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $758 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wilburville postcode 7030

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Howrah 7018 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania