Dysart Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Dysart (7030) is a suburb of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania. It is about 36 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Dysart is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Dysart was 323 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Dysart is 41 years of age.

90.3% of people living in the suburb of Dysart were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.1% England, 2.8% New Zealand.

96.3% of people living in Dysart speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Dysart is 40.1% Anglican, 24.8% No religion, 21.7% Catholic, 5.6% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.8% Pentecostal, 1.9% Salvation Army, 1.2% Buddhism, 0.9% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Presbyterian and Reformed.

58.4% of people are married, 28.4% have never married and 6.0% are divorced and 1.2% are separated. There are 15 widowed people living in Dysart.

62.3% of the people living in Dysart over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.5% are working on a part time basis. Dysart has an unemployment rate of 3.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Dysart are 19.2% Managers, 17.8% Technicians & trades workers, 15.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 13.7% Professionals, 11.6% Community & personal service workers, 10.3% Labourers, 6.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.1% Sales workers, 2.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Dysart work in are 20.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 12.6% Construction, 8.4% Accommodation and food services, 6.3% Public administration and safety, 6.3% Retail trade, 6.3% Manufacturing, 6.3% Education and training, 6.3% Health care and social assistance, 6.3% Wholesale trade.

38.5% of homes are fully owned, and 39.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 22.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $491 per week and the median household income is $1031 per week.

The median rent in Dysart is $30 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1625 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Dysart postcode 7030

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Latrobe 7307 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania