Dromedary Demographics (TAS) Local Stats

Dromedary (7030) is a suburb of Tasmania, Central, Tasmania. It is about 21 kms from TAS's capital city of Hobart. Dromedary is in the federal electorate of Lyons.

In the 2011 census the population of Dromedary was 662 and is comprised of approximately 47.1% females and 52.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Dromedary is 39 years of age.

90.6% of people living in the suburb of Dromedary were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.6% England, 1.2% Scotland, 0.9% Ireland, 0.9% Germany.

98.0% of people living in Dromedary speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Dromedary is 36.3% Anglican, 23.9% Catholic, 23.0% No religion, 5.4% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Uniting Church, 1.2% Pentecostal, 1.1% Salvation Army, 1.1% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Jehovah's Witnesses, 0.9% Buddhism.

56.2% of people are married, 30.1% have never married and 6.4% are divorced and 3.9% are separated. There are 18 widowed people living in Dromedary.

57.3% of the people living in Dromedary over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 32.3% are working on a part time basis. Dromedary has an unemployment rate of 4.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Dromedary are 23.5% Technicians & trades workers, 16.4% Clerical & administrative workers, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 13.0% Labourers, 9.3% Professionals, 8.6% Sales workers, 7.7% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.2% Managers, 1.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Dromedary work in are 14.3% Health care and social assistance, 13.7% Manufacturing, 10.4% Construction, 10.1% Public administration and safety, 9.1% Retail trade, 5.5% Education and training, 5.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.6% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.6% Administrative and support services.

41.7% of homes are fully owned, and 50.0% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 5.7% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $556 per week and the median household income is $1232 per week.

The median rent in Dromedary is $200 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Dromedary postcode 7030

  • Qpzm LocalStats Tasmania Suburb of the Day: Waterhouse 7262 -> Tasmania -> Tasmania