Wattle Range Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Wattle Range (5280) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 330 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Wattle Range is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Wattle Range was 193 and is comprised of approximately 44.6% females and 55.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Wattle Range is 43 years of age.

92.7% of people living in the suburb of Wattle Range were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.6% South Africa, 2.1% England.

97.9% of people living in Wattle Range speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 2.1% Other.

The religious makeup of Wattle Range is 29.0% No religion, 18.1% Anglican, 17.1% Catholic, 13.0% Uniting Church, 7.3% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.6% Pentecostal, 2.6% Baptist, 1.6% Salvation Army, 1.6% Lutheran.

59.5% of people are married, 24.8% have never married and 11.8% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 6 widowed people living in Wattle Range.

77.0% of the people living in Wattle Range over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 20.4% are working on a part time basis. Wattle Range has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Wattle Range are 53.6% Managers, 13.4% Technicians & trades workers, 10.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 10.7% Labourers, 8.9% Professionals, 2.7% Machinery operators & drivers.

The main industries people from Wattle Range work in are 60.0% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.9% Manufacturing, 9.1% Education and training, 4.5% Health care and social assistance, 3.6% Retail trade, 3.6% Wholesale trade, 2.7% Arts and recreation services, 2.7% Public administration and safety, 2.7% Inadequately described/Not stated.

54.1% of homes are fully owned, and 20.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.6% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $585 per week and the median household income is $1069 per week.

The median rent in Wattle Range is $110 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $0 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Wattle Range postcode 5280

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Leighton 5417 -> Far North -> South Australia