Hatherleigh Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Hatherleigh (5280) is a suburb of South, South East, South Australia. It is about 322 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Hatherleigh is in the federal electorate of Barker.

In the 2011 census the population of Hatherleigh was 337 and is comprised of approximately 45.4% females and 54.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Hatherleigh is 46 years of age.

88.7% of people living in the suburb of Hatherleigh were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 3.3% England, 1.5% Scotland, 1.2% New Zealand, 1.2% Denmark.

97.0% of people living in Hatherleigh speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Hatherleigh is 35.4% No religion, 17.9% Catholic, 15.8% Anglican, 9.2% Uniting Church, 7.7% Presbyterian and Reformed, 4.2% Lutheran, 3.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 1.8% Baptist, 1.8% Other Religious Groups, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses.

56.6% of people are married, 27.0% have never married and 12.0% are divorced and 1.1% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Hatherleigh.

53.1% of the people living in Hatherleigh over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 38.5% are working on a part time basis. Hatherleigh has an unemployment rate of 3.1%.

The main occupations of people living in Hatherleigh are 34.1% Managers, 17.3% Labourers, 10.8% Technicians & trades workers, 8.6% Professionals, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 7.0% Sales workers, 6.5% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.4% Community & personal service workers, 1.6% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Hatherleigh work in are 39.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.3% Retail trade, 11.6% Manufacturing, 8.3% Health care and social assistance, 6.6% Wholesale trade, 6.1% Other services, 5.0% Education and training, 4.4% Construction, 1.7% Accommodation and food services.

45.1% of homes are fully owned, and 32.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.2% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $490 per week and the median household income is $1089 per week.

The median rent in Hatherleigh is $130 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $867 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Hatherleigh postcode 5280

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Risdon Park 5540 -> Far North -> South Australia